New Clerk Training
Duration: approximately 3 hours
Are you new to Parish Council work? This bespoke session will go through the various aspects of the clerk’s role within the council and give practical guidance on day to day activities. The course will cover the following topics:
- What is a Parish Council?
- What does it do?
- The Legal Framework
- The roles of councillors, chairman and clerk
- The Parish Council Year
- Council Meetings; agendas and minutes
- Code of Conduct
- Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- Council specific elements eg cemeteries or allotments
The training takes approximately 3 hours however candidates can log in and out at their leisure and is priced at £30. Please contact the office or complete the Master Booking Form which can be downloaded from our Training page if you wish to undertake this and we will issue and invoice and upon payment will be enrolled.
Please click on the file below to download the above information