Information security essentials
Duration: 45 minutes
Information security is important for all organisations; your information is valuable and it is important it is kept safe. Understanding information security risks and how to minimise these are the first steps in keeping information safe. By making sure employees are aware of information security and can stay vigilant, your organisation’s risk of being exposed to information threats is reduced.
This highly interactive course helps your employees become more aware of their role in information security. It prepares them to do their part and leaves them with best practice tips to ensure your and their information is kept secure!
This elearning course includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your understanding of information security.
When you finish the course, you’ll be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing a short assessment.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Recognise why information security is essential to organisations
- Identify secure working practices to safeguard company data
- Protect information when working remotely and on mobile devices
- Improve your awareness of online risks and how to stay safe on the internet
- Respond to and report information security issues
Topics explored in this course, Information Security Awareness:
- Working with information
- Information security requirements
- Keeping information secure in and out of the office
Staying safe online: passwords, links, email threats, malware, phishing, social engineering, and scams
Please click on the file below to download the above information