Duration: approximately 4 hours
This half-day seminar, aimed at Councillors and Clerks who want to avoid the numerous legal and practical pitfalls associated with recruitment and being an Employer, will cover the following:
- Putting a recruitment campaign together, including job adverts, application forms, interview questions and selection process.
- Checklist for inducting a new Employee, including health and safety requirements.
- Issuing the right contract, such as permanent, part time, fixed term / casual, zero hours and self employed.
- Calculating holiday entitlements.
- Managing Sickness and Sick Pay.
- Addressing Grievance and Discipline issues.
- Terminating employment and notice entitlements.
Each year there is a training session on aspects of Employment, the focus varies depending on demand and changes in legislation but may cover recruitment, appraisal, grievance & disciplinary matters and legislation.
The cost is £30 to NALC members and £85 for non-members.
Please contact the office or complete the Master Booking Form which can be downloaded from our Training page if you wish to undertake this and we will issue and invoice and upon payment will be enrolled.