Budgeting for councillors
This session is for parish & town councillors only, to help them understand their role in setting and monitoring budgets.
- Setting a budget and precept
- Contingencies and reserves
- How the council tax base affects the budget
- Budget monitoring
By the end of this session you will:
- Understand how and when to prepare a budget
- Know how to approve and issue a precept
- Be aware of the factors that affect a budget
- Understand how to manage a budget
Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP
Steve is a former Town Clerk & an accountant with 30 years’ experience in public sector finance, who specialises in advice & training for the local council sector.
This is an interactive session, you will need a device with a reasonable screen size such as a PC, laptop or tablet to be able to participate fully.
Please click on the file below to download the above information.